Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This is it! Four More Days And No Stopping It!

Ok we are almost there. For those of us who celebrate Christmas the relentless bombardment of food is about to hit its peak.

I have been really lucky in terms of the number of social engagements this year, but there is no stopping the actual event. Nor do I want to.

The truth is I love Christmas. I can't wait for it to arrive. I am still a kid at heart, but more like a kid in "Whoville" now as it is no longer about the presents. I am happy just because it is Christmas.

We will be having our friends Naoko and Albert over for dinner Christmas Eve, then we always do a Christmas morning Brunch of some sort (I usually cook) but I still have to figure that out, then Christmas dinner at Sue and Ivan's (can't wait to see Sue's Mom...it has been over twenty years!), and finally Boxing Day dinner with our friends Maurizio and Patty.

When I started writing this blog I was feeling a little panicked as I didn't have a real "plan" but putting it in writing makes me realize it isn't that bad. Christmas dinner is Christmas dinner. I refuse to worry about that one, and the rest of the meals I have control over as they are in my house.  I am good!

It is true that no matter what I do there will be more food than usual, but this year will be much better than other years.

I feel so much better now. This probably added no value to your daily life but it sure as heck helped me realize this is doable.

I guess the only message of the day is...have a plan! We CAN indulge if we wish, but not for three days straight. It is too easy to do, but I know if I do it I will regret it later.

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Janet said...

Christmas for me has always been going to someone else's house, whether it was my parents or Ken's parents.
Since my parents are no longer with us, we've been going over to Ken's parents. They always serve more food than anyone can eat for several days. It starts as soon as we arrive. I've learnt over the years to pace myself which makes me feel better all the around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

Pace my self...always my challenge...but this year I will win the challenge!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Ken!