Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fake It Till You Make it

In response to my blog yesterday someone posted the following comment: "Sometimes we can convince ourselves we are there when we really aren't and it is a tough hill to climb to get back there".


It is indeed tough to pretend you are where you want to be before you are there. I have heard of this concept referred to as "Fake It Till You Make It".


If you convince yourself that are a healthy slim eater, and start acting like you are a healthy, slim, eater, sooner or later you will be a healthy, slim, eater.


It works if you can do it, but make no mistake, it is tough.


It is the road I am going to walk down right now. I have to.


If you are feeling yourself slip a bit, or if you have done a full fledged wipe out in a puddle. Why don't you pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and walk down this road with me? 


The walk will be easier if I am not alone.


Be healthy,


Alan





3 comments:

cdp said...

yes - me! Me!

Anonymous said...

Last night the company Christmas party, full turkey dinner...it was good, and so was I. Tonight, Mom's birthday and Chinese food. I will be on track, I will be on track, I will be on track. I am walking right beside you Alan and I've got a killer pair pants I want to be wearing on New Years' Eve so I am determined to stay in my lane, not end up in the ditch!
M. WW.

Unknown said...

OK ...so we are three musketeers this week, and there is always room for more musketeers. For this week lets report back on how we do everyday. We can keep each other on track!