Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Do You set New Years Resolutions?

I used to but I stopped doing it a few years ago. The stopping is about to stop.

Clear as Mud?

I stopped making them because I only "blew it" a few days later (if I started at all) and they ended up having little meaning.

I am starting again, because I am now thinking they are as effective as your determination to succeed. I am very determined to succeed.

I have learned not to say that I don't want to think about weight anymore, just health.

I dream of that day, but at this point it just isn't my reality. My weight still matters.

What I will say is that weight will not be my primary focus for 2011. It will be my health.

I want to put my health first and my weight a very important second.

Sounds easy doesn't it? It's not.

With so much pressure to be "down" and "thin" (yes...I am the only one putting the pressure on myself), I do so many stupid things in the name of achieving a weight goal.

This has to stop.

I am still going to think about weight. I am still going to work on improving my physique, and post pictures in just shorts on the 12th of every other month (next pic Feb 12th), but I am not going to sacrifice my health to achieve a weight goal. In the long run it just doesn't make sense.

So this year I will be making a New Years resolution....but only one.

My New Year's Resolution is to ALWAYS put my health first.

What is yours?

Be healthy!

Alan

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sorry about your cruise - but sometimes things happen for a reason. Glad that the two of you are safe, now just to get feeling better.
All the best in 2011.
Take care my friend.