Monday, December 20, 2010

Feeling Sore this morning

It has been quite a workout of a weekend.

Saturday I did an hour weight lifting followed by 90 minutes of Hot Yoga and Sunday I did another hour of weight lifting.

They say you shouldn't work the same muscle groups out two days in a row. I think I understand why. I am freaking sore! Mostly in the "bi's" and "tri's" areas. I must admit I like the feeling though. It makes me feel like I accomplished something.

I will go back to the gym this morning but I think it will be a Cardio only morning this morning. The muscles need a break.

We went for dinner with our good friends Karen and Ian last night. It was at an all you can eat Sushi Restaurant that serves more than just Sushi. I think I did pretty good. I stayed away from all the fried options that were ordered and didn't over-induldge. I also planned for it.

It still meant I ate more than usual but I didn't eat as much AS usual in this situation, and I increased my exercise. I think all is good.

Determined to have another healthy day today. Join me?

Be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Karen said...

Glad everything is on track again. I was getting a little worried and without internet all weekend I wasn't able to check to see if you had been back on blogging.
Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and I do hope you have a great time while you are away.
Give my love to Jamie.
Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow...it sounds like you have really gotten into the groove of things and are firmly on track! Good for you. I have been really busy and doing quite well with my food points wise but not so much on the healthy side. Definitely not enough fruits & vegetables or water. Might be why my stomach took a turn on Friday and I wasn't very well for the day. That made for a light eating weekend but feeling much better now and really hoping to see a nice loss this Wednesday.
Have a great day!
M. WW.

Unknown said...

I am so fortune to have found friends like you two (even though I am still now positive who M. WW. actually is :-) ) .

Hope you are fully recovered now M. WW.

Have an very Merry Christmas and the most amazing year ever next year :-)