Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Failed But Succeeded

I failed at my cleanse yesterday.

I had good intentions but it just didn't happen. No excuses, it should have happened...it didn't.

On the up side though I stayed totally on track...and I mean the "NEW" on track from a Weight Watcher's prospective. Although I am not supposed to find out the details of the new plan officially until my meeting this Wednesday, it occurred to me that it officially kicks off in Canada today.

So....being the sneaky person I am I went to the online version of Weight Watchers (called e-tools), changed my official weigh-in day on-line from Wednesday to Monday and presto...I got the new plan.

So...given that I wasn't proving to be in a "cleansing" frame of mind I decided to do the new plan.

Points are calculated differently but to be honest I didn't get a chance to calculate much with the new system. I simply entered the non-processed stuff I was eating and it told me how many points things were.

I must say it is a bit freaky seeing how many more points everything is, but you are allowed more points in a day and more weekly points as well so I guess it balances out.

I like the fact that carbs and proteins are now part of the equation. It only makes sense. There is more emphasis on eating fruits and vegetables as well.

I know those of you not on WW won't know what I am talking about and those WW members in the UK have already been on the program for a couple of weeks so it is old news but for me it is new...and new is always good.

I have decided to continue with the new plan on-line until Wednesday and then, even though a full week has not passed, I will reset my weigh-in day to "Wednesday" so that I am back on schedule to track for a full week before the next meeting. Clear as mud?

I think this time I will start my weeks Wednesday morning instead of Thursday morning though. If I do that then I will only be able to splurge after a Wednesday night weigh-in if I have saved enough points to permit it...that's the theory anyway.

My musketeers stay on track today?

Be healthy!

Alan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the word fail. You didn't, you just chose a different path...but you're still on the road! Yesterday was a great day, worked out in the morning which always helps me stay on track the rest of the day. Brought lunch to work today and am planning on shopping after work so I'll be busy in the evening and have some nice leftovers in the fridge for dinner when I get home. I haven't used the etools since I signed up and got my monthly pass so I'll have to check it out.
Have a great day!
M.WW.

Unknown said...

Hey congrats on a great day!

It is probably good you haven't used etools until now. Anything manually entered now says the points calculations are "obsolete" so there is a fair amount of work involved in resetting all the foods you put in yourself for the new system. Much better to start fresh with the new system. I think etools users will be expressing some dissatisfaction with the work involved to get things working right again.

The Director said...

Good post, Alan... you're doing fine, just fine. We had our first session with the new regimen this morning. I'll take is slowly. I think Priscilla owes me a free bus tour. I only lost .6 last week. The good news is, it rounds out the 8 week lost to and even 20 lb. I'm ok with that. Smile. T.

Unknown said...

Twenty punds is truly amazing Tom! I am soooo glad you are sticking with it. Your next role will be Rocky in The Rocky Horror Picture show I am sure of it!

Alan

cdp said...

.... no ....
10 below zero today .... stuck in snow 3 times ... took 5 hours to make 6 deliveries .... help ma boab!!!

Unknown said...

Just think of all the exercise you are getting!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm back for a second time today. Re reading the blog and all the postings for strength. Feeling very weak right now, trying to keep the reins on the whole emotional eating thing. I know I'm not hungry, just annoyed, really, really annoyed, and wanting to grab the first thing I see. Knowing full well the result will only be a temporary reprieve and then I'd just feel bad for blowing it.......worked out hard this morning, don't want to blow it.......New Years' Eve....great pants....positive thoughts, gotta keep the positive thoughts...
Thanks for the vent...
M. WW.

Unknown said...

M. WW

You are sooooo close to tomorrow's meeting and sooooo close to wearing those pants on New Years. You can do this. You can STOP right now. Take two minutes to sit down and focus on you...a full two minutes....take deep breaths and picture yourself New Years Eve. You are going to look amazing. It is so easy to rationalize what you want, but don't kid yourself you absolutely KNOW you will regret it later if you allow the rationalization to occur. Tell yourself that you are GOING to make it until tomorrow....and then MAKE it. Things will be much better tomorrow and you will be sooooo glad you didn't fall off track. Let me know how you are coping. YOU CAN DO IT!