Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Holiday Party

You know that the blog is working when you are being watched. I sat down with my plate of dinner (from a buffet) at our company Company Holiday Party last night and someone said "Alan...so many Carbs!". Another person said..."Can't wait to read tomorrow's blog"...kind of like the end of the world was coming.

It didn't bother me at all. For one thing the Caesar Salad that was on the plate of my muscle boy colleague's plates didn't look all that much healthier, and for another, I have learned the difference (at least I hope I have) between a holiday and a holimonth. I had fun, I ate well, and I don't regret it.

I can't just dismiss its occurrence though, so today has to be excessively healthy.

To be honest I am glad my friends made the comment. They know I struggle and there was no malice intended. It was all in good humour. Maybe they were even looking out for me. Naw....just a fun comment....I doubt a deep sense of concern over my meal at the Holiday Party weighed heavily on their minds. LOL

I like the fact that people know I struggle because it keeps me in check.

If I  lived in a world where everyone knew I struggled and everyone commented when I ate unhealthy it might be the best thing that happened to me. Sometimes I need people to say something...especially when they are right.

So to my friends at the Holiday Party...thank you for at least making me aware of the food I was putting in my mouth. Next time please also make me aware of the number of glasses of wine going down my throat.

December is officially here today.

Happy Holidays and be healthy!

Alan

No comments: