Sunday, December 19, 2010

HOT YOGA - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

I have never done Yoga before...not officially anyway. I tried a couple of things from a DVD once but that is about it.

Yesterday after doing an hour of weight training I went to a Hot Yoga class with my good friend Anthony. It is basically Yoga in a room that has been turned into a large Sauna.

All I have to say is....HOLY CRAP!

I had heard Yoga was not easy....and this was definitely NOT easy.

Of course it is partially my own fault. As a beginner you are supposed to go at your own pace and rest when you need to. I wanted to push myself and do it all. I didn't , but for a first timer I think I did pretty good. The class was 90 minutes long and I swear to you I thought it would never end (I thought it was only an hour long so I kept thinking...this has to be over soon...but it never was).

Did I sweat? I was sweating so much it was embarrassing. My Yoga Mat looked like a swimming pool! By the end I was having trouble doing the "Downward Dog" which is about as easy as it gets, because my mat was so wet my hands kept slipping right off of it!

I loved every minute and will definitely do it again.

I am feeling really good again. Like I somehow managed to "snap" right back into place. I am eating exceptionally well, tracking all my food and feeling great. If only I knew how to stop myself from slipping down the wrong road again.

Someday I will figure this out.

Be healthy!

Alan

P.S. Happy Birthday Anthony! You have been a great friend and I hope you have a spectacular year. You have helped me to feel young again with all this exercise and good eating. That, my friend, is invaluable to me. I want you to know I appreciate it. Who knew a straight guy could be so cool? LOL Love ya!

2 comments:

anthony said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!
i love you, man - you are the kind of sweet heart guy that I wish every sort of good fortune upon!
yes you did very well fro a hot yoga virgin... it is so good for you - just keep those stretches active-

You deserve the great muscley body you have now- you work hard for it- hope the journey has been rewarding and fun! - A

Unknown said...

Definitely rewarding. 2011 will be the year of the disappearing tummy :-)