Thursday, December 9, 2010

Feeling Pumped! Change Is So Good!

I went to our Weight Watchers meeting yesterday and was officially introduced to the new plan.

I am so glad that the plan FINALLY adequately reflects the fact that 100 calories does not equal 100 calories no matter how healthy the choice is or is not. 100 healthy calories are a better choice than 100 unhealthy calories. Shocker I know, but WW never really did a good job of making this distinction before...at least in my humble opinion.

To be honest though, for me I think I am more happy that there is a change PERIOD. I thrive on change and having to do things differently just brings a whole new feeling of invigoration to me.

I am ready for the challenge of the new WW plan!

Your change may not have anything to do with WW. You may not even be a member. But if you are struggling as I was up until last Monday, I really suggest you find a way to change something significantly. It might not have anything to do with food. Making my house spotless has reinvigorated me before.

Bottom line:

If nothing is changing the way you want it to...you need to change something.

I started this "change" last Monday and thank goodness I did. Even though I have been really good since Monday I am still 195 pounds which is five pounds over the range I set for the maximum of my safety range. That news alone is enough to keep me in check!

The picture of me that I promised to post on this blog Sunday morning of me in just shorts may be hazardous to your eyes.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: