Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Relief Eating

Yesterday was a real stressful day.

The cruise ship I was supposed to be boarding this Friday was very damaged on the inside (see yesterday's blog) as a result of bad weather and it was unclear whether we were going to  be able to sail or not.

The reality is, that if we had chosen to, we could still sail this Friday. We did some investigation, however, and we were able to change our flight relatively inexpensively, and adjust our schedule, so that we skip one cruise and go on the next one. That will give them time to fix the ship up, and it will also give the weather time to calm down.

The B&B was already booked for the new vacation time, but a friend is going to run it for us in our absence so all is good. Now I will be home for Christmas too so that is kind of cool :-)

During the stress of everything going on yesterday I was so tempted to eat unhealthy. I had my defences up, and fought off the urge.

When everything got resolved there was an incredible sense of relief, followed by a dropping of the defences, and the eating of a large Cadbury Toffee bar and a Turtle.

Stupidity I know. I was so focused on avoiding stress eating, I "relief ate" without giving it too much thought.

The only good news in the story is that I am right back on track.

Between Family Christmas Saturday, and this today, I think the best I  can hope for is being equal on the scales tomorrow but I will take that.

Be healthy!

Alan

P.S. My thoughts are going out to my WW friend today on the anniversary of the loss of her child. We love you and are here for you...don't ever forget that

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am so glad that things seem to be working themselves out for your cruise. Why is it that when things like this happen to us we tend to turn to those things that are bad for us.
Yesterday my thoughts too were for your friend at WW. I did think about her many times throughout the day and I do hope that she knows that our thoughts and prayers are with her, not only yesterday but every day of the year.
Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who she is but I couldn't help looking around the room and wondering. I know who you are friendly with, so I have my ideas but I can't begin to imagine how a parent gets through losing a child.
And yes as Karen said, not just now but at any time of the year.

Unknown said...

She wasn't there yesterday. I was hoping she would be so I could give her a big hug, but can understand that she needed her own time.

Todays blog will have to come later...busy day.