Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Just Feel Happy

There is something really magical about this time of year.

If it is stressing you out, no matter how busy it is for you right now just...stop. For five minutes. It won't kill you...just...stop.

Think about what this time of year is all about.

I am not talking about religion. We do not all share the same religion. I am just talking about the celebrating of family and friends.

Stop thinking about who you have to visit, or what you have to resist eating, or what you have to buy for who, or what outfit you have to buy for the next function, or whether you can possibly even GET that gift that kid wants, or whether or not you will be alone....just......stop.

Now take a deep breath...and reflect.

Reflect on the good friends you have know all your life, reflect on the new friends you met this year, reflect on the troublesome friends you have weeded from your garden, and reflect on how much you really do love that warped, messed up, family of yours. You know you would do anything for all of these people if they needed you. Even the "weeded" ones.

No matter what you call your holiday season this is a time where we should not forget our beliefs, but we should also strive to accept others. At the end of the day, everything we all learn teaches us to be good and love one another. We know in our hearts we should not judge. If you believe in a creator you probably believe your creator is the judge and not you...pay attention to your beliefs.

I for one, am not religious...but I am spiritual. I believe that everything we do in this universe, negative and positive, will come right back at us. I am betting that regardless of what your beliefs are, the bottom line is the same.

I have stopped...I have reflected on how many people I love and how much I love the people I know...and I am grateful.

That...my friends...makes me happy.

I have reflected on my choice of a spouse and after all the ups and downs over the years I have realized, once and for all, that there is no one on this earth I would rather be with...nor will there ever be.

That...my friends....makes me happy.

Being happy can lead to a fulfilled life.

My year has not been perfect, but it has been blessed. It has been blessed by you, and for this I just want to use today's blog to say thank you.

Merry Wintermas one and all,

Much love,

Alan

2 comments:

cdp said...

Thats just lovely and you are a lucky boy to have the abundance in your life - but these sayings are so so true "What goes around, comes around" - "you reap what you sow" etc etc.
Much love to you - so nice to have you back in my life (even if only in cyber-space!)
Btw - thank you so much for photos - mean the world to me!
Cxx

Unknown said...

I am really happy to have you back in my life too Catherine. My life seemed to kickstart after that trip back to Scotland. Maybe I just needed to find my roots...of which you are definitely a part.

Funny how Hillcrest is such an important part of our memories, and that we are in touch after all these years.

Alan