Sunday, December 26, 2010

Is Ten Desserts Too Many?

Hey everyone!

Hope you had an amazing Christmas if you celebrate it! Jamie and I really enjoyed ours.

We had a quiet morning (elected not to do the traditional huge Christmas Brunch), stopped in and visited our neighbours briefly in the afternoon and then had a fabulous time at our friends Sue and Ivan's for dinner.

I think the highlight of the evening was seeing Sue's family (especially "Mom"). I hadn't seen them in over twenty years. I still remember working in the produce department in my teen years. Sue's mom would come into the store and she would call me her "little fruit boy". LOL. She say's she never did...but she did :-). I just don't think it had the same connotation it now has. :-)

Sue is going to Chef School and she sure proved her culinary skills last night! Dinner was absolutely delicious and full of healthy options. She made about ten different desserts herself but also ensured there was a fresh fruit dessert for people trying to be healthy like me. It is Christmas though, so I didn't touch the fruit platter. I had ten desserts instead. Only a little bit of each but of my gosh were they good. Thanks Sue!

I had a bit too much wine too....surprise :-)

I am not stressed about the over indulgence on food/wine at all. I made sure I had a holimeal and not a holiday and that has been my strategy from day one.

I have also been going to the gym two hours a day this week (yesterday being the exception as the gym was closed) to try and offset things a bit.

We have two more Holiday dinners to go but we are making them ourselves so I think I can stay pretty controlled. It is ginger chicken for dinner tonight. Yummy.

We are supposed to go to our "fitness centre on water" soon but it is looking iffy. Our flight connects in New York and they are getting 25 - 35 cm of snow today. If we had been going today our flights would have been cancelled.

We are watching things closely but are ok with whatever happens. This is out third attempt at a Mediterranean Cruise. If it doesn't happen this time we will accept that the universe is telling us that it is not in the cards for us.

At least if the flight is cancelled it will be for reasons beyond our control and we will get our money back.

Time will tell.

Have a great day and be healthy!

Alan

No comments: