Monday, December 13, 2010

Stress Eating

Usually I write about how my day went the day prior. Today I am going to write about what is happening right now, BECAUSE of what happened yesterday.

To being with, lets go back to last August. We were scheduled to go on a Mediterranean cruise and two days before we left, due to unfortunate but completely understandable circumstances, the cruise was cancelled.

This Thursday we are supposed to leave for our rescheduled Mediterranean Cruise. Guess what? It may not happen...not even sure it should happen if it can.

Early yesterday morning the ship we are supposed to be boarding hit extremely rough waters in Egypt. Thirty people on board sustained minor injuries. The ship itself is safe and secure but this is what the inside now looks like.


We are not certain, at this point if we can, or should sail. The problem is we already paid $2500 for flight tickets and of course we didn't get cancellation insurance. I guess it would be possible to stay in Barcelona (where the ship departs from and our flight goes to) for the entire time but hotels there at Christmas are very expensive, if available at all.

So...we are waiting for word on whether or not sailing is even possible and will go from there.

My stress level right now is real high and when I am stressed I want to eat.

So far...I am holding out.

Give me strength and be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how stressful that is! The pictures look horrible. Good luck staying healthy!

Unknown said...

Thanks TNJ!

Nice to have a new person join the blog! :-)

Alan

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan,
Sorry I didn't see this until today. I hope you managed to stay strong. I know how you feel and I know that you helped me when I was there last week. You can be strong and you know that it is so worth it! I can't see the pics to see how bad it is but I'm sure it will work out in the end, it certainly did in the summer.
Just remember, food won't fix the problem!
Are you doing the new program? I haven't had time to sit down and even figure out the calculator. I'm doing my best with the book but feel very 'out of it' right now with this. I'm excited about the new program but haven't been able to make it a priority and really get into it.
Take care and I hope today is better for you.
M. WW.

Unknown said...

Thanks M. W.

It looks like all has worked out with the cruise although there are some significant changes. Will writer about it in my blog in a bit. I survived the "stress" part but lost it a bit when it came to the "relief" side of things. With my family Christmas last Saturday and then the events of yesterday I will be happy if I have managed to stay the same this week.

I REALLY like the new program, but fell off it Saturday (Family Christmas). Determined to get back on it today.

Alan