Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Vision Board

Have you ever done a Vision Board?

It really is quite a fascinating process. I did one yesterday.

I bought a piece of Bristol Board and started thinking about what I envisioned for my future.

Whether you believe that they work or not, the process is worthwhile because it makes you think.

I thought I would be thinking about the things I wanted, and yes, that occurred, but perhaps what is just as relevant is what you don't put on the Vision Board. Things that are so much a part of your life now but could easily disappear tomorrow without a second thought. At least they could if other factors, such as finances, allowed.

For me, quite honestly, it is my job. I am actually quite happy with my career choice, and have zero regrets about doing it. It has afforded me a good lifestyle.

Would I care if I stopped doing it tomorrow though? If an alternate money source came in that was more meaningful to me I wouldn't regret it for a second.

I would love, for instance, to be able to use all I am learning about health and weight loss to work with others to achieve their health goals. It is making enough money for it to be viable that is the question. I like to live well so I need to make money.

Still...the Vision Board has me thinking.

Thinking about my possibilities, and about my future. One thing I do know is that we can never accomplish anything if we do nothing.

Weight struggles have taught me that. I hope they are teaching you that too.

Tomorrow is the shirt day.....yikes!!!!

Be healthy,

Alan

4 comments:

Karen said...

I think we all have a Vision Board - whether or not it is something we can actually look at or just in our heads. To me it is like our Bucket List - and without either our lives would be very boring. We all need something to reach for, perhaps our goals for a new healthy life style or the thought that one day we will be financially secure enough that we may do what we enjoy doing (our careers)without having to do it because we need the money.
I am waiting for T-Shirt day, perhaps you can wear it to WW for all to see how well you are doing.
Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

I am busy tomorrow night and getting to the meeting is going to be tough but I am not going to miss it because I want to see that shirt!
My vision isn't so much about me but about setting the example so that hopefully my daughter won't have this same struggle when she gets older....that she can learn & live the habits that will keep her healthy and comfortable in her own skin as she grows.
I grew up with a mother that was a stick and could eat anything.....I didn't get her body type or metabolism and being a chubby kid wasn't easy for either one of us.
See you tomorrow night!

cdp said...

You know Alan - it's a great pity that you can't afford to be a weight-loss councellor. You'd be amazing at it - I'm not the only one who finds you very inspirational! You've actually got people loking forward to going to a WW meeting!!! That's akin to looking forward to school (!?!!) - maybe not .... ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh I will definitely be wearing that shirt to WW Karen. I promised I would. Glad you are going to make it Anonymous! What an amazing vision you have.

Catherine...you made my day! Someday I will have to open my own Weight Loss centre so I can rake in the dough :-)