Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Debate Of A Potentially Sick Healthy Person

I may be getting sick again. Too soon to tell but I have that feeling of something coming on.

If I am, I have been sick more than normal this year. Kind of strange since I have been trying to be healthier. Or is it?

I could blame it on my Wendy's and Chinese Food trip a couple of days ago...but that is probably not fair.

It makes me wonder. Should healthy people get sick a lot?

Part of me says a big resounding "NO!". Our immune system should be stronger so we should not get sick.

There is another part of me that says a resounding "YES" though. That is the part of me that says that my body is doing what it needs to do. I don't take any medications when I get sick which means I don't keep things "in"... I don't suppress my sickness. By letting things out, it may mean I don't keep the potential for things like cancer "in".

Perhaps in the non-medicated world of letting things "out" you actually get sick more often but you don't get cancer down the road.

Is this justification for being sick while eating healthier or does it actually make sense?  I don't mind getting sick more often if it adds ten years to my life.

What do you think?

I'm not sure. I'm really not.

Regardless, be healthy!

Alan

1 comment:

nutritionist_stacey said...

How about oil of oregano - a natural antibiotic and is also an antifungal - and of course probiotics, my fav!!! (80% of the immune system is estimated to be in the colon:) )