Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Making Excuses

I know I am going to be told I am making excuses. It is ok...because I am...or rather I did...to myself.

I am not even going to try to pretend I didn't.

I haven't blogged for two days because I have been sooooo busy...I mean busy as in about four hours sleep a night, racing the clock every second and eating whatever I could get as quickly as possible.

Financially it has been fantastic...I have had a great week...the best I have ever had actually....mentally and foodwise...perhaps the worst.

Yesterday for instance, I was up at 4AM preparing paperwork and doing analysis for offers. At 9:30AM I was attending a three hour home inspection on a property listed at $1.4 million. I raced straight from that to my office to spend the afternoon accepting offers on one of my seller's listings. It wasn't an expensive property (by Toronto standards)...$329,000, and it had issues, but it got 9 offers which meant a lot of work on my part and it sold above list price. I went straight from that into placing an offer on the property that was listed for $1.4 million. Believe it or not it went multiple offer too. The process didn't finish until midnight but we got it. We had to pay over $1.5 Million for it but we got it and my Buyers are absolutely thrilled.

So now comes reflection day. Did I have a choice? Yes. Did I make the right choice? No.

I am sure I am "up" weight-wise, and I feel exhausted and overwhelmed. Today I am preparing a listing to go to market tomorrow so I am still busy but I think I can get back in control.

Not sure what the point of my blog is today to be honest. Just reflection I guess. I won't say it was "worth it" but my focus was where it needed to be and I got the job done.

Now I am still busy but the craziness will be a bit better so I have to be healthy today.

Having said that it is 4:00AM and I am up and working. Went to bed three and half hours ago. I just have so much to do my mind is racing. I will have a nap later. I will have to.

I guess it boils down to the same old thing. When you fall off the wagon get back on as quickly as you possibly can.

Be healthy!

Alan

1 comment:

Karen said...

Funny how our minds work. I too was awake shortly after 3 and at 4 decided enough was enough and got up to read the paper. Started working at 4:45 (it is great to have the ability to do so), packed up at 6 and in to work for 6:30. I am sitting here now wondering why I am so hungry so early, but I guess our bodies need to replenish after so long. I am have a micro-waved lunch - yes I know not good - but it is called 'Smart Ones' and actually is WW - 3 points, and only 190 calories (what are you doing to me and I not even a member). They were on sale last week so I grabbed a bunch just for times like this when I didn't have any left-overs to heat up for lunch.
I am so glad business is busy for you - maybe it is because you were just questioning the real estate market in your blog not too long ago.
Take care my friend.