Saturday, November 13, 2010

Daily Acts Of Discipline Create A Tsunami Of Success

I almost titled todays blog "My Butt Hurts". I bet more people would have read it if I had.

My butt does hurt. Now before you go getting any silly ideas pull your minds out of the gutter. My butt hurts because I have been exercising it.

Your mind is still in the gutter.

I have been exercising it at the gym...with the gym equipment. Clear now?

In my blogs I always write about the need for change. If I don't change what I am doing all the time I get bored. When I get bored I start to slip. For me success has always been about change, change, change.

I have been so busy changing I haven't really thought much about the need for consistency. I have been doing it though. I have been doing it without realizing it.

Aside from the very rare week or two of slip ups, I have been going to the gym every day for over a year. It requires discipline. I am, however, seeing results. Discipline brings success.

So my butt hurts. To me, that is an awesome feeling (Ok...this is the last time...pull it out of the gutter). It is an awesome feeling because it means I am toning the butt muscles (the gluteals for those of you who which to remain professional). My butt tends to disappear when I lose weight. I want a nice butt...not an invisible one.

This, to me, is simply more proof that if we really want to we CAN change who we are. Mentally AND physically.

It is not as simple as ensuring I constantly change. It is also imperative that I find my DAILY discipline of "constant" and stick with it.

Your "constant" may not be exercise (although I truly hope you consider it if it is not) but I bet if you figure out the "constant" that works for you, and find the discipline to actually do your "constant" constantly, the result will be a tsunami of success.

So here is to "constant" and to "discipline" and to my aching butt.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: