Sunday, November 14, 2010

Am I crazy?

I think I may be crazy.

I have had an idea in the back of my head that I want to do something. Something that might not be the wisest thing in the world to do. It might mess up my body from time to time.

I have been thinking for a while that I really want to do something with nutrition and health after I graduate from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. What started as a personal interest journey is turning into a realization that I need to do something with this. I am meant to do something with this.

Quite frankly, the timing isn't bad either. The Real Estate Industry in Canada, and the way it operates, is changing drastically. I am not sure what the future holds for Real Estate Brokers like me, but one thing that is becoming clear is that is that I need a back up plan, and I do not want to go back into the corporate world.

I love Real Estate, and I will not give it up, but I want to work toward, and start establishing a second profession. I would like to work with people with weight issues.

Ok. Here comes the crazy part.

Every Nutritionist I know has said repeatedly that they would never give a client anything they haven't tried themselves. Believe me...they have tried things that are NOT good. One friend ended up in hospital. The point is valid nonetheless. If you are going to create a business you need to know what your doing, believe in what you are doing, test your options, and make informed decisions.

So here is the thing.

I am thinking that I want to actually do every major diet plan I can think of. Not in sequence. I need periods of health to keep the body balanced, but I want to try everything.

When clients come to see me I want to have done the programs they have done.

Nothing...and I mean nothing...irritates me more than a person who tells me to do something, or judges something I have done, but has never been where I was and/or has never tried what I am trying. So I want to try them all.

I have done Jenny Craig so I don't need to do that. I have done Atkins but probably need a refresher.

I want to try South Beach (don't think it is that different from Atkins), Herbal Magic, NutriSystem, and the one that scares me the most, Dr. Bernstein.

This wouldn't be instead of Weight Watchers. I would do these programs spread apart, for not too long, and would attend WW throughout the whole process.

Am I nuts? Maybe.

Biggest problem may be that I don't have that much to lose anymore. Hard to do a weight loss program unless you really need to lose pounds.

I am still contemplating this...will let you know what I decide when I decide. If I do do it I think I would do Dr. Bernstein first while I could still stand to lose a little weight. I want to get what I perceive as the worst out of the way. Even that may be an unnecessarily judgemental statement. I am saying it is the worst without really knowing what it is. All I really know is what I have heard. It is very food restrictive and you have to have supplement injections (Vitamin B's I think).   I am making judgements based on hearsay. That doesn't work for me. For all I know the plan has some very good qualities. I do know people who have had success with it. My goal is not to find out why other plans don't work, it is primarily to find out how they really work, and what the positives are.

If I do this it won't be until 2011 though.

On another note. I am struggling with the coffee challenge. I have got myself down from three extra large a day to two, but I am supposed to be at two large now. Not ready yet. I will go to two large on Thursday. This coffee reduction program may take longer than I thought but please hold me accountable. Don't let me conveniently fail to ever bring it up again. Thanks!

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: