Monday, November 15, 2010

Sleep...need it.

Looks like I stirred up some people with my blog yesterday. I enjoyed it immensely. This blog is so much more interesting when we choose to disagree I think. Of course we all know that ultimately, at the end of the day...I am right. LOL...juts kidding.

I indulged yesterday. Jamie and I had been working all week on getting a house I am listing for sale ready for market. It needed a lot of work. Paining, carpets ripped out, steps need wood filler, Asbestos evaluation had to be done. It is ready to go to market Wednesday, but at the end of the week we were weak and vulnerable. We had Wendy's for lunch and Chinese Take out for dinner.

Not proud of it, not ashamed of it, but wish I hadn't. If I am going to indulge there are much tastier ways to do it.

Still...it is done...it is over...and I move on. Hardly a failure...just a blip.

The only thing I am really concerned about is sleep. Just not getting enough of it. That is not good for your health or for weight loss. Been waking up at 4:30AM and am pretty much up for the day. Then I need a nap around 3pm which is just enough to ensure I don't go to bed early.

It doesn't matter how healthy one is, if your body doesn't rest you won't be healthy.

Gotta find a way to fix this.

Be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Portia said...

Nothing wrong with a "blip" my mom loves that word, and it's perfect! Yes, sleep is a ginormous issue. I am only surmising when I say, it seems that you have had a great deal on your plate (no pun intended honey), of late. Stress is the greatest thief of sleep. Try lying on your back with your feet apart, inhale deeply for 5 secs and exhale the same way (concentrating ONLY on the breathing, NOTHING else), after you have had a teacup of warmed lowfat milk with honey and a FEW, peanuts and while listening to soft jazz or your favourite orchestral piece..I do not recommend Pachebal Canon D for this...(hahaha)...sweet dreams honey...guess we won't address Astral travel on this particular blog, since you are sleep deprived .... :) ... keep up the great change but enjoy life and I will be sure to send a kiss to the moon for you tonight...you will know when you find it..with love always, Debb xo

Anonymous said...

Can't stay asleep at night - guess what - it is called MENOPAUSE. And yes, apparently men do go through it.
Welcome to "our world" tossing and turning....and waking up like we had never been asleep! It is exhausting to say the least.

Unknown said...

YOu always brighten my day Deb

Anonymous...You are the second person today to tell me I have girlie qualities. LOL. Can't get away from the ruth I guess.

Alan