Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Did you Notice?

I was just wondering if you noticed? Probably not. It was a subtle change...but in retrospect, a significant one.

It has to do with my pictures on my blog.

I used to have a "Current" picture", a "Before" and an "After" picture. The "After" picture was a picture of me after the last time I lost weight with the caption: "I am definitely going back!". The "After" Picture came down about a week ago.

I am my after picture.

It is still posted at www.roadtonutritionandhealth.com but you know what? I will never look like that again. It is not a bad thing. Yes..it looks good, and it also looks like a person who is a lot younger than me...because it is. I like the picture. Problem is it doesn't look like me. I know this because it is also on my business cards and every now and then when I go to show a property someone does a double take and says "is this you?".

I look older now. In my humble opinion I also look better. Not because I have the youth and vitality but because I have health and strength. I have an inner core that I now carry with me. I have confidence.

I am actually looking forward to getting older. My long-term goal is to be healthier than I have ever been in my life on my 50th birthday. Two and a half years to go.

Having this as a goal actually makes me look forward to turning 50.

It just goes to show you that life, and how you much you enjoy it, is all a matter of the perspective that you take on it.

I choose to take the most positive perspective I can. How about you?

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: