Friday, November 5, 2010

The Holiday Season Is Upon Us

It is coming...real soon...I promise.

It happens every year. The Christmas and other holiday stuff comes out and we all scream..."this is ridiculous...it is way too early!"...and then before we know it we are all screaming..."how did it get here so fast?!".

It is not that far away. If you get paid every two weeks it is only three paydays away.

I think most people find it really hard to lose weight over the holidays. I rarely even set that as a goal. I am more inclined to aim to either stay the same or only gain a few pounds.

The reality is though...we are not there....we are NOT in the holiday season...yet.

There is still time. There is time to lose weight BEFORE the season hits. Just imagine how great you will look on New Year's Eve if you click into "full force action" mode now. You know you can do it. You have the will. You have the strength.

In a way we are lucky here in Canada because we have Thanksgiving out of the way and don't have to contend with that. But even if you are reading this in the USA, if you consider Thanksgiving a holiday and not a holimonth, and plan for it, you can cross that holiday with barely a ripple.

I am going to do it. I am going to lose that last little bit of weight. I personally want to be able to say that 2011 is the year of health and not the year of weight loss.

Maybe you won't be at that point yet on December 31st, but even if you aren't, don't you want to be closer to that point? Do you want to reach the day when you can say to yourself. I have done it! I have reached the weight that is right for me....now I am turning my attention completely to health? I do...and I will.

Please take the journey with me...and be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Karen said...

The comment that I liked most in your post was - 'You have the will. You have the strength.' It has been Your Will and Strength that has gotten you to where you are, and helps to inspire those of us that follow your blog.
Take care my friend.

Unknown said...

I truly believe that if we stick together we can be strong together! :-) Life is good :-)