Saturday, September 25, 2010

Where In My World Am I?

If I ever write a book about weight loss I think "Where In My World Am I?" is what I will call it.

The book wouldn't be in sequential order. Each chapter would describe different spots that people are often at "mentally" in their journey. You would only read the chapter applicable to your state of mind in that moment. In time, your state of mind will change, and you will read a DIFFERENT chapter, but not necessarily the NEXT chapter.

Are you new to a weight loss plan and eager to get going? Are you plateauing? Are you focused on low fat foods? Focused on Healthy Foods? Focused on "make in a minute" foods?

I think most of us are at similar stages in our journey at one time or another, just never at the same time. So, why not have a book that covers all of the common stages? If you are in one place "mentally" you follow the information in the chapter that deals with that. At another point in your journey you may find yourself in a different place...you may be temporarily just trying to "maintain" your weight for example, so you would follow the chapter that deals with that particular mindset.

Sooner or later you will be back to a chapter you were at before but that is the great thing. The focus of the book changes by chapter, just like we are constantly changing. Old can become new again.

Change, after all, is the only thing that keeps me going. I just can't do the same thing forever...and as you may have noticed if you followed this blog...my mental state is constantly changing. It probably drives you nuts!

I may actually write this book someday...if I ever find the time. The blog will definitely be a great source for material!

Right now my focus in on cleansing. I am starting day three, and I am still hungry, but as stated yesterday, I knew that that would be the case. I am pretty certain it will get easier after today, and the journey through to next Wednesday won't be so bad. At least I hope it gets easier.

How are you doing? Where in your life are you?

Wherever you are, do your best to be healthy!

Alan

No comments: