Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Motivation Needed...but not for food

Do you find sometimes that it is really difficult to motivate yourself? I am feeling that way right now. Not sure why.

It isn't because I don't "feel good". I actually do. I have been eating well, and exercising again, and I feel like things are going well...but I just can't kick myself into high gear.

My exercise is happening but I'm not "pumped" about it. My work is getting done, but I am forcing myself to do it and it is getting done later than it should. That isn't like me.

Everything just seems to be that much harder to do right now. Except eating well. I am doing really well at that and I am truly enjoying being back on track.

Maybe I just need a rest after my vacation. In a way that sounds funny but the vacation was pretty fast tracked with little time for sleep. Perhaps the excitement of seeing all my relatives and old friends drained me a bit emotionally. Perhaps I just haven't got all that processed food out of my system yet. I don't know what it is.

I know some of you will say "just give yourself time". That sounds good but the problem is I am self-employed so I don't really have that luxury. I need to ensure that I maintain the high level of service I have a reputation for providing.

Looking back on what I have written I am afraid I sound depressed. Please know I am not...I actually feel like I am in a really good place in my life right now...I'm just not..well...motivated by much else other than the desire to eat well again.

It will change I know...it always does :-)

Be healthy!

Alan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The effect this blog has on me is nothing short of amazing. Ever since I wrote it this morning I have had a burst of energy and feel back in action. Been working like crazy all morning, am enjoying it, and feel back in action. Go figure!

Alan