Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Road To Recovery Has Hills

I felt so much better last night but am a little rough again this morning. Still, I think I have turned the worst corner and am on the road to recovery.

It really messed up the nutrition course though. I am supposed to hand in my final exam tomorrow (it was a take home exam) and I have barely started it. It seems to me that it will take a minimum two full days to complete. I don't have two full days of time left so I will likely hand it in Friday and accept a 5% late penalty. Such is life.

I just hope I can get it done for Friday. I set my alarm to get up early this morning to work on it but I am just not feeling up to it. I hope the feeling I have now is just temporary. If I hand it in Monday there is a 15% penalty.

I have also decided I am skipping the new course that begins today. Not just the class...the course. Too many other things I need to do and don't want to burn myself out again in the pursuit of health. This course is only 9 classes long though and the next one starts October 28th so I will only be out of school for a month.

The bottom line is I am there to learn right? It really doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I keep going back and I keep learning. I have kind of accepted that this two year program is going to take me three years to complete. Such is life.

On another note, today is the last day of detox. Yeah!

It will be sooooo good to eat real food again. Can't wait!

The key now though is to eat logically. After not eating solid food for a weak the temptation to overeat can be huge. I know this from past experience.

So being logical and sensible for the next week is the name of the game. We have a grand total of four "dinners out" scheduled so I will have to hope the universe has aligned itself properly to give me maximum strength.

"Self Empowerment through Personal Responsibility" will be the words repeated in my head a million times over next week.

Be healthy!

Alan

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mentioning my name "Anonymous" in class tonight.

I am glad that I was able to help you.

Now - here is your chance - do you want to know who I am?

Unknown said...

Oh man, that such a hard question. Do I want to know or not? Hmmmm

Can I guess? I'm guessing Cindy (but not the leader Cindy).

Am I right?

Anonymous said...

NO you are not right.

Anonymous said...

Guess again.....

Anonymous said...

Actually I can give you a clue and that way the rest of the class does not even have to know. You can keep the secret from the class if you want....

Does this make your decision easier?

Unknown said...

Hmmmm....OK I do want to know. It's up to you how you want to communicate it...clue or otherwise. I don't mind who knows but you may still want to be anonymous.

To be honest my biggest fear is that you will tell me and I STILL won't know. I am the worst person on earth for names and every week I talk to people and I can never remember anyone's names. Even with name tags! I'm pretty useless that way.

Alan

Anonymous said...

This clue should tell you who I am.

Melatonin Pills!

Now do you know who Anonymous is?

Unknown said...

LOL...your kidding me! So you are also the biggest loser today! I never wold have guessed. Congratulations again!

Unknown said...

Wait a second...I may be confused again. You said you had lost twenty five pounds didn't you? That doesn't fit with who I am thinking it is. Now I'm more confused than ever! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi

You guessed right!

Why are you so surprised it was me? I just knew you were in trouble that night and thought I had to help.

I am really glad that I helped - and I loved the fact "anonymous" even made it to the meeting - that was too funny!

Anonymous said...

Here is another clue....to clear things up.

I said to you that I loved your car tonight!

Now, does this clear things up?

I almost signed my real name!

Unknown said...

LOL...Totally clears things up. Thanks so much for kicking me into shape. I really appreciate it.

The blog has been amazing for me but I find people are supportive or silent. For the most part that is fine because I have figured out what "silent" means but sometimes I need someone to call it like it is :-)


You did that for me. Thanks again,

Alan

Anonymous said...

I knew you were in trouble that night.

I read your message 3 times before I gave you my "opinion" which was rather blunt, but was done because I care.

I am happy that I was able to help.

Unknown said...

I know it was done for that reason.. I really needed to hear what you said. Thanks again. Off to bed now :-)