Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In Sickness and In Health

Yes I am in sickness and in health, but I hope it is not until death do us part.

Yesterday I was feeling good when I got up but as the day progressed I got worse and worse.

It is going to be a tough day today  as the nutrition course I just completed had a final "take home" exam that is due Thursday.

Wednesday is pretty much a write off for me (I am crazy busy) so that only leaves today.

The exam involves completing an analyses of two case studies. My plan was to do one yesterday and one today, but yesterday didn't happen. I don't know how I will get two done today. Especially since I am still sick and have Real Estate work to do as well.

I think I am in sickness AND in health though...or maybe sickness because of health.

You see, I have been doing this cleanse/detox thing and going for colonics.

Colonics are something I have been debating whether to write about, as it can gross some people out, but it is something I do for health so I have decided I will write about it. Not today though...so you can relax...look for it "coming soon" to a blog near you.

Anyway, I went for a colonic yesterday, and the girl who does is it the owner of the establishment and also a Holistic Nutritionist (if you are in Toronto I highly recommend VitaLife Digestive Wellness Clinic) . I told her I was getting sick and she indicated it was probably a good thing. The detoxing and the colonics are releasing all the toxins in my body, and as they travel out my body, the body becomes full of...well...toxic crap trying to find its exit.

That actually seemed to make some sense so I did some google work and...yes...detoxing and getting sick in the process, as your body tries to expel stuff, is actually quite common.

Jamie keeps bugging me to take NeoCitran but I really don't want to. It kind of goes against my new set of beliefs. To keep the peace at home I take the NeoCitran box out, open it up to look like I took it, and leave it on the counter :-). After all, if he thinks it is my own fault because I am not taking anything to heal myself I won't get any sympathy right? That's no fun. That is one of the small pleasures I think one is entitled to when they are sick.

I think that when you get "normal sick" (i.e. not needing medical attention) your body is trying to release things, and if you take drugs to suppress that you may feel better but you haven't released what you need to release...and that is how you get things like Cancer down the road.

My choice it simply to let it all out. I may feel worse during the bouts of illness but my body will have done what it is designed to do.

So...it is a day of sickness in health...or sickness for health? Whatever.....I'm sick :-(

Be healthy

Alan

No comments: