Friday, September 17, 2010

Too Much Good Can Be Bad

Yesterday we had a good friend over for dinner and I made a really healthy meal. Ok the dessert wasn't that healthy but that isn't really the point.

The point is, that no matter how good food is for you, if you eat too much...it's not a good thing.

I am not stressed. I knew last night was a bit of an "indulgence" night. I even mentioned it in yesterday's blog.

I made Hummus with fresh ingredients as an appetizer and we had it with grapes and some "slimthin" crackers. Then we moved on to a homemade Carrot, Ginger and Tofu Soup. I thought it was pretty good.

For the main course we had Brown Rice Sushi and Kaleslaw which is coleslaw made with Kale (all made at home but I kinda screwed up the sushi...didn't roll it properly).  Tasted good :-)

For dessert we shared three pastries our guest brought and then had homemade Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream made with fresh organic ingredients. The Ice Cream did have sugar in it but at least it was organic sugar cane. Still...it's a refined product so not really a "whole food".

My plan yesterday was to have wine with dinner, but we ended up having Martinis. The fancy sugary kind. I had three I think.

Sooooo...healthy mixed with unhealthy but too much food regardless.

I have made the decision that at the lunchtime wedding we are going to tomorrow I am skipping the "Chocolate Decadence" dessert. The splurges for the week are all done and there are still five more days in my "Weight Watchers" week.

No worries. I had a good time and other than eating TOO much, have no regrets.

On to a perfectly healthy remainder of the week.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: