Monday, September 27, 2010

What Are You Doing New Years? New Year's Eve?

I am stealing today's blog topic from Weight Watchers. Well...I am not sure if it is really from Weight Watchers's but it is from our Weight Watcher's leader.  She asks this question around this time every year and she asked it a couple of weeks ago.

Where do you imagine yourself this New Year's Eve? What will you be wearing? How will you feel?

These are serious questions. Take a minute and stop reading the blog...not yet...in a minute.

I want you to close your eyes and imagine yourself on New Year's Eve. Imagine the outfit you are wearing (yes...even you gentlemen). Imagine how alive you feel. Imagine the amazing 2011 that lies ahead.

Ok stop reading this blog for at least one minute and start imagining...right.....NOW!!!

Don't peak!

OK I am going to trust that you did it.

Didn't you feel great?! Would you be happy if you were 15 pounds lighter by New Years? If you lose, on average, one pound a week you will be. The "on average" part is critical because we all have ups and downs.

Even if you don't lose 15 pounds I know you can lose some weight and if you do you will feel great. I promise.

Perhaps you have already reached goal. The same applies. Not gaining weight over a holiday is equal to losing weight don't you think? Don't gain weight and you will feel great. Hey....I rhymed!! :-)

The key is to start now. Not tomorrow, not the next day, and for god's sake not in December. You need to get ahead of the game.

Imagine that outfit you will be in and you will do it. I know you will.

As Thanksgiving and the big holiday season approaches, I have one other piece of advice (that I also stole): Try to remember they are holidays...they are not holimonths...and set some new family traditions. I know I am going to.

Be healthy!

Alan

P.S. It is day 5 of my cleanse. I am going strong, feel fantastic and am NOT hungry :-)

Update to today's blog. It is 7:42pm and I feel far from fantastic now. Been getting sicker and sicker by the hour. It sucks!

2 comments:

Anthony said...

ya I plan to be ripped and bulging. I know my desire seems like it doesn't fit here, but ya I'd like to be 15 lbs heavier.

Unknown said...

LOL...everything fits here my friend. There are lots of people here willing to give you their 15 pounds :-)