Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday....Time for a new commitment!

It is Monday folks. The day of new beginnings and new commitments.

My vacation is over and my post vacation splurge of thing such as Beer, Potato Chips, Chocolate, Fried Calamari etc. is also now over.

I have to tell you that I did well on my vacation from a weight perspective, but I cannot take an ounce of credit for it.

When we got to Singapore I was eating way too much and was starting to get concerned as we headed to Indonesia.

While in Indonesia two things happened:

1) At the beginning I was still eating a lot but was only having two meals a day and I think that kept me from gaining too much more.
2) I got some kind of bug. I think it was from the water, but I am just guessing. Other than the occasional stomach cramp that hit hard for about ten seconds at a time I felt totally fine, but I couldn't eat. I looked at food and my stomach just said "no". For  a while I pretty much had nothing, or some white rice (I had to stay bland) and whatever I did manage to eat came flying out the back-end pretty fast (I know I know...too much information). It took about 9 days to get back to normal again.

Christmas Eve we went to a dinner with copious amounts of delicious looking food. It looked sooooo good but the rice was about all I could manage.

Things turned around Christmas Day, however. I managed half a dish of Lasagna and, although I still had some trouble eating much, I discovered I could still drink wine :-)

By the time we got to London on the 29th I was "almost" ok and eating normally. We had a great time in Biggleswade England with our friends Alf and Paul and their family (wonderful people). I ate non-stop New Years Eve.

On New Year's Day we went to London and saw more good friends Ted and Paul (different Paul) and our "daughter" Kimmee (we have two girls we consider our daughter's now) :-) . When in London I continued eating but had to cut back on the alcohol as the damn body seemed to be rejecting it.

At the end of the day I am guessing that following my time in London and the time at home "post trip" I am probably up about 4 pounds. Not the end of the world.

Public commitments often work well for me though so it is time to commit to posting another shirtless pic of myself. I have actually gained muscle definition in my abs but want to set a goal, slim up, and post a new pic, so....February 10th I will post a new pic. That gives me a month to work toward getting in the best shape I can.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: