Friday, January 13, 2012

Scottish Dancing Required Alcohol But Soup Saved The Day!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was the first day of my commitment to track what I eat and post my Weight Watcher's tracker everyday until February 10th.

I have to admit I used all of the daily points that I am required to use, plus all of the activity points that I earned for the day, and also used 9 point of what I call the 49 "fun" points we are allotted for special occasions etc. throughout the week. It was a point consuming day.

On the plus side I drank a lot of water (which I am not very good at) and fulfilled all of the daily health guidelines (meaning I had sufficient liquids, healthy oil, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and a multivitamin) except for one category which is dairy.

Personally I am not a big believer in dairy and would prefer to get my calcium etc. from other sources, so it doesn't remotely concern me that I didn't get my dairy in. In all likelihood, however, I will do the "dairy" thing until Feb 10th as I have a lot of smoothy packets in the house that have powdered milk in them and I think I will use this opportunity to use them up.

Joni, the girl we have adopted as our daughter (we don't have official parent approval for the adoption and she is 25 years old so it is really more like the girl we have kidnapped and made our daughter), had prepared a delicious 0 point vegetable soup. I had that with a bit of Turkey breast and was able to have a very filling 1 point lunch.

It was a good thing too because I had totally forgotten that I had agreed to take Scottish Dancing Lessons with Joni and they started that night. The dancing lessons were to be held in a Church, and we correctly speculated that it would be with older people. The combination of these facts and the reality that I can't dance if my life depended on it meant one thing and one thing only...I needed wine first!

10 oz of wine (8 points) later I was off to dancing lessons.

We got there and I think we both started to panic a bit when we saw there were only about ten people present and we didn't look like the rest of them. Well...Joni is 25 so I looked more like the rest of them than her :-)

We were whispering to each other about the possibility of racing out and grabbing a pint at a pub instead and I think we were literally one second away from making that decision when someone said to us "Are you here for the Scottish Dancing?". It occurred to me to say no, but that wasn't really a viable answer. Why the hell else would be standing in a hall with a bunch of Scottish Dancers? So I hesitantly said "yes" and we were off to the races.

Surprisingly it was quite fun and two hours later I was actually feeling sweaty so I must have at least got some exercise in.

If we thought we wanted to skip out of the class and have a pint BEFORE the class began, that was nothing compared to the absolute knowledge that we were going to go and have a good old Scottish Pint after the dance class!

So off we went. One pint became three pints and when I did the calculation this morning that came up to a whopping 19 points of beer.

So...between the wine and the beer I drank 27 points worth of alcohol. Yikes!

I pretty much got my healthy guidelines in, however, and I went to the gym, and I danced. When all is factored in I was only over by 9 points.

The online tracker will deduct these 9 points from my weekly allowance of 49 points which is totally fine. If, however, I work out more, I will earn activity points, and assuming I do not eat these newly attained activity points I will be able to slowly regain those 9 points.

Either way I am on track. I still have my daily points allowance, plus 40 remaining "fun" points, plus any extra points I earn through exercise.

Clear as mud?

It just goes to show you can indeed go out and have fun on this program and stay on track.

My tracker is attached at the bottom as promised. I believe if you click on it, it should become larger.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: