Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sometimes we forget that we already have a plan

Two days ago I made the foolish commitment to post a shirtless pic of myself on-line on next February 10th. I will do this.

To be honest I am not that freaked as my body already looks better than it did the last time I posted a pic, so I just need to clean up a bit of excess blubber and all will be good.

Today I will make another foolish commitment...but it is only foolish because I believe it will be hard to keep.

I was thinking about an effective way to lose that last little bit of weight. Of course...exercise was first thing that came to my mind, but then I was enlightened by an amazing concept. Since I am going to Weight Watchers every week...why don't I actually do the program the way it is designed?!!!!

That is a no brainer right? Well...let me tell you that most (not all) WW members will understand exactly why that can seem like such a novel concept.

So many of us, including me, have periods of time where we go to the meetings every week because we need the constant reminder to stay on track, but then as soon as we leave the room we really don't give the actual WW plan much thought until the next time we show up at a meeting.

This doesn't mean we aren't trying....ok...sometimes we are not trying...but often, simply attending the meeting can help us think about what foods we are putting in our mouths the following week and even if weight loss isn't accomplished, attending the meetings can help prevent weight gain.

So...starting at this moment, until the shirtless picture is posted, I am not only going to do the program the way it is designed, but, for better or for worse, I am going to post my daily food tracker on the blog. I may not mention it every day (do you really wan't a daily diatribe about what I actually ate?) but it will be posted at the end of each blog. If for any reason I don't have time to write a blog that day I will simply post the tracker. If I fail to do this PLEASE hold me accountable...I am asking for your help.

For those of you who are not WW members, WW actually has two plans. One where you have to count points for every single thing you put in your mouth, and another one where you simply eat from a long list of healthy foods/ingredients, and only count points when you stray outside of those foods.

As a way of life I prefer the second plan because I am not sure I can count points forever, but the first plan is really good when you need to kick start yourself and get back on track.

Until February 10th, I will do the first plan. So every piece of food that goes in my mouth will go on the tracker.

Be healthy!

Alan




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then there is my plan - which is using the OLD plan....and it works!

Unknown said...

Yes it does work...I lost weight on that one too..but personally I prefer the new one

listeria said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back later in life. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks Listeria! What a nice post to get. Made my day :-)