Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I love fresh beginnings

Today is the day I step on the scale.

To say this week has been a challenge from a points perspective is an understatement. The bottom line is I allowed myself to drink/eat too much and spent most of my time trying to compensate for it through exercise.

While this is possible, and I have no doubt I will repeat this pattern too many times, it really is a lot of work to undo food and drink damage. It certainly does make a good case for moderation. I just wish moderation was in my vocabulary. I will keep trying to get it in there.

I ended up being in the "negative" at the end of my Weight Watcher's week last night but only by 13 points...hardly the end of the world.

I think it means that whatever the scale says when I step on it tonight it will not be that drastic a change. I will be up or down slightly but there will be no major movement in either direction.

I know why the results will be what they will likely be so I can accept them.

Looking back over the week I think the only think that real frustrates me is those damn empty treats like donuts. I blogged about them, said I needed to stop eating them, and then continued to eat them. Damn frustrating.

Today is a new day, however, and a new week. There is something very refreshing about going on-line in the morning and opening up your tracker and seeing everything cleared away and the slate set back to zero.  It's a new day.

I will never be perfect...and don't want to be...but am hoping this week will be a little less of a challenge than last week.

Only 16 more days until I have to keep my promise and post my shirtless pic...I need to behave :-)

Be healthy!

Alan




No comments: