Tuesday, January 17, 2012

....And I'm Feeling "Clean"

In her Weight Watcher's commercials Jennifer Hudson sings that she is "Feeling Good". Very true words when one is losing or has lost weight.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me about eating well however, is how "clean" you feel almost immediately. It only took a couple of days and I was feeling like my body was functioning the way it was supposed to. It is a great feeling.

I feel like a car that has been taken in for a repair, car wash, and an oil change...revved up and ready to go. The inside feels "clean".

I am not going to say things are perfect yet. It is a quiet time of year in my kind of business (Real Estate) and it can be hard to stay mentally motivated to work when there isn't that much on the books.

They say when one is "whole" they feel at one with mind, body, and soul. I feel at one with body and soul but the mental motivation still needs stimulating.

The bottom line is I need more work to get me mentally active again. So if you want to buy or sell a house give me a call!

Ok...that was a shameless plug for business. LOL

Seriously though, I am feeling really good and it didn't take me very long to get this way. All it takes is a few days of commitment and the next thing you know you feel great.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me. I don't expect a huge loss but am hoping for 1-2 pounds which is just fine. I have to remember that a lifestyle change is the ultimate name of the game.

Yesterday I ate six points over my daily allowance but earned five activity points so my weekly points allowance was only reduced by 1. This means I still have 27 extra points to use today and tomorrow.

I doubt I will use them but it is nice to know I have them. Perhaps I will allow myself a treat after I weigh-in. It is nice to be able to have that treat and know that I am not "blowing the plan" on the last night of my "weigh-in" week. It would be a celebratory treat and not an "empty treat" as I discussed earlier in the week. I would make sure I take the time to taste it and enjoy it.

The points are there for me to use if I decide to use them. It's awesome knowledge to have.

Be healthy!

Alan




No comments: