Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some Days Are Just Crazy

Yesterday was nuts work-wise.

I was up working by 6AM and by the time 10:30pm rolled around I was still working...and I hadn't even taken a break to have my morning shower. I was not a pretty site.

Fortunately the only "client" I actually had to see was also a family member.

On crazy days it can be really hard to eat right.

I thought I made a good decision at lunch by going to a "wrap" restaurant. I got their Roast Beef wrap of the day combo (combos are never a good idea") with 1% chocolate milk...and stupidly...a bag of chips. I really need to listen to my own "empty treat" diatribes. I topped the wrap with only healthy vegetables, but it still didn't look particularly healthy...it was way too big for one thing.

I was busy...I was hungry...I made a decision to go to a "better" option for take out food since I was nowhere near home...but at the end of the day I didn't make the best choices.

I also didn't have time to get to the gym yesterday. This isn't good from a points perspective but I know in my heart it is good from a health perspective. Every now and then the body needs at least a day's break from the gym.

If this was a normal week it wouldn't be a big deal but it is in a week when I was already finding myself struggling after a couple of excessive nights out.

I'm afraid there is little...scratch that...no...hope of me being in "balance" by the end of my points tracking week tonight, but hopefully the scales won't be too harsh on me when I get on them tomorrow. I am currently sitting at negative 18 points...last week I ended tuesday night with an extra 27 points.

What is done is done. We do not feel guilt...we get back on track and keep on riding as best week can.

Be healthy!

Alan






No comments: