Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tricked By The Tracker

Hi all!

In my blog yesterday I was saying that today was the last day of this week's tracking and I still had 27 "fun" points left that I might use to treat myself after weighing in today.

For those of you not on Weight Watchers the weekly fun points (really called "weekly points allowance") expire on the last day of your weigh-in week. It is a "use them or lose them" scenario. Once the weigh-in week is over the slate is struck clean and you start the next week anew.

In my smugness I thought that meant I had 27 extra points to play with tonight.

Clearly, however, I have not tracked points in a while as I had forgotten that if your weigh-in day is on a Wednesday the slate does not get wiped clean at the end of the day Wednesday night. It gets wiped clean at the end of the day Tuesday night.

So...this morning I logged onto the WW system to find my extra fun points were gone...so sad.

At the end of the day it is a good thing as it will keep me more on track today.

I didn't completely lose out though. My cousin Shirley stayed over last night and I had four 5oz glasses of wine. Also, Joni, the girl who is staying with us also made a Burger and baked Sweet Potato fries for us for dinner. It was a much healthier version than you would get in a restaurant so I didn't completely blow things points wise.

So I did actually splurge on the last day of my WW week I just didn't know it was the last day of my WW week. When all is said and done, yesterday I used 11 points more than my daily allowance. I also added 5 activity points, however,  which means I only used an excess 6 points.

I had 27 "fun" points available so after debuting my 6 excess points I ended the week with 21 points to spare. Those points are gone now but that is not a bad thing.

In reality those 21 points would have been gained entirely from exercise. Using these type of points is a choice. You can eat these points if you like, but if you eat them you have to accept that your exercise is likely not contributing to weight loss. It is simply allowing you to eat more and still lose...something. Sooo...having 21 points I didn't use is a very good thing.

We will see how it reflects on the scale later today. I will report the results from the scale tomorrow.

Be healthy!


Alan



No comments: