Saturday, January 21, 2012

Non-Hungry Days

I have blogged in the past about "Hungry Days" and how hard they can be. Yesterday I had a "non-hungry" day.

I have very little doubt that it had everything to do with the 101 Weight Watcher points day I had had the day prior.

Having an "I feel full" day after a splurge day presents its own dilemma.

It sounds kind of ideal doesn't it? I ate too much yesterday and I am not hungry today so if I eat less today it will all balance out.

According to WW this strategy is not a good one and I suspect they are right. I decided to trust them on this.

The problem with the above mentioned scenario is that you end up overly hungry on day three because you didn't eat enough on day two. In reality you have binged and starved (you may not feel like you are starving but you are not giving your body sufficient food). This is the type of situation that leads to more binging.

What we are told to do is just eat normally the next day and make sure we consume all of our daily points allowance. So that is what I did.

I can't say I made 100% the best choices as 6 points went to a small peanut butter candy bar and a sample of chocolate at the Supermarket, but I did make sure that by the time I went to bed I had consumed my entire daily points allowance.

I did my exercise as promised and earned back five of the six points I was in the "negative" for for the week, so now I am only "negative" one point.

Tonight we are going out to a comedy show where drinks will be consumed so I am sure I will be further in the negative by tomorrow but if I stick to my strategy I will be right on plan "points-wise" by the end of the WW week (which is Tuesday).

All is good.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: