Monday, January 23, 2012

Had a Carmel Cheese Danish AND an Apple Fritter....oops!

I was feeling pretty proud of myself after my night of drinking at the comedy club Saturday night. Not because I had behaved well alcohol-wise but because I had had a good healthy dinner and then resisted the temptation to order food all night long.

Even when I got home at about 1:30 in the morning in a drunken stupor I thought about raiding the kitchen but managed to resist. I was determined to stay as "on plan" as I could.

I hadn't bargained on waking up this morning with intense carb cravings. I knew I had to get to the gym to burn off some of the "night before" so I forced my butt out of bed and headed to Tim Horton's to get a coffee...but man I was hungry!

It was at this point I caved. I forgot everything I had written this week about empty treats...I forgot about tracking...and decided I was going to eat and not only NOT tell anyone about it but not even enter this one little indulgence on my tracker. With absolute confidence that no one was lurking behind my back to catch me, I ordered an Apple Carmel Danish AND an Apple Fritter. They were yummy.

Fortunately working out at the gym brought me back to my senses. I realized that lying about the whole thing and not putting this food on my tracker was primarily fooling no one but myself.

So...I put it on my tracker (18 points) made a point of keeping the rest of my day's food "low in points" food, and made my indulgence fit into my points allowance for the day.

I was already in the process of digging myself out of the negative "weekly points allowance" so using weekly points simply wasn't an option.

I did an hour and 3/4 exercise instead of my usual one hour in order to gain back some points.

At the present time I am "negative 9" in my weekly points allowance. My Weight Watchers week ends Tuesday and an hour's exercise is five points so, provided I don't so anything else stupid food-wise, I can do an hour's exercise today and tomorrow and bring my nine points back into balance.

Clear as mud? Hopefully next week I won't put myself in a position where I need to dig my way out.

It will be interesting to see if all this creative, but valid, working of the plan, will result in Weight Loss Wednesday.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: