Friday, December 16, 2011

"Finish...Finish"...Oh...and I saw a ghost!

These are the words I am hearing most frequently in Singapore as delicious food is forced upon me.

Part of me thinks I should just enjoy it as I am on vacation but another part of me knows that I will be paying for it when I get back. I am going to do my best to eat well today. I think one reaches a point where their body starts to tell them enough is enough. I am feeling pretty bloated...I guess the two pints of beer and the milkshake probably didn't help.

Today we are on our own for dinner as we are going to a show this evening so that should help.

Tomorrow is kind of a day of travel as we are flying to Jakarta Indonesia so I am hoping I can be reasonably good then too.

I do not know what internet access will be like in Jakarta.  I suspect I will be able to get wireless periodically to check emails but do not know if I will be able to have access long enough to sit down and right a blog so if you do not hear from me for a week don't worry...all is good :-)

I need to be at least just a "little" good right now so that I start to feel good again.

On a completely different note I think I saw a ghost yesterday. I feel kind of weird typing this because I really don't believe in this stuff.

We went to an Indian restaurant for lunch and I went to use the bathroom. It was up a long set of stairs and was sort of creepy and very dark. I went to close the bathroom door but I had a lot of trouble. It felt like something was pushing back (although that thought never actually crossed my mind)....it was that feeling you get when you try to close or open a door against a really strong wind.

I got the door closed about 3/4 of the way and then instead of being hard to close the tension completely reversed and the door slammed shut really fast and really loud. It was like the effect wind could have but I was on the second floor in a dingy hallway and there was no wind.

It surprised me but I didn't think much about it. I turned around and jumped a little because I had thought I was alone, but there was a chubby Chinese man in a blue and white costume sitting on the toilet. He wasn't using the toilet but was just sitting on it. Then...in a split second...he was gone.

It freaked me out a bit but I didn't say anything as I thought it had to be my imagination and I didn't want to sound like a total freak.

The more I thought about the vision I saw and how it combined with the weird door experience the more it made me wonder exactly what it was.

Later we went to dinner with about twenty of Jamie's cousins and aunts and at some point during dinner I told Jamie about it on the side. I started my story to him with "don't tell anybody but..." .

Unfortunately he didn't hear those words as the story spread like wild fire and everyone was so intrigued. I think in Asian culture they are more accepting of this type of experience. They were all laughing about it and I seemed to be the only one doubting it actually occurred.

They were all surprised I still went to the bathroom and didn't run out though. LOL

One of his elder aunties say what I described sounded like the God of Luck visiting.

I hope so!

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: