Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Second Plate

Went to to a Holiday party that included a buffet dinner last night.

On the food front I think I did well. Ok...maybe a tad too much chocolate dessert but all things considered I think I handled myself pretty well.

I almost totally gave in to temptation. After I had finished eating I actually stood up to go for a second plate of food, but then I somehow managed to smarten myself up and sit down again.

The thing is, I wanted that second plate of food but I didn't NEED it.

In the moment, I was hungry for it and thought I really needed it but two minutes after I sat back down I had actually forgotten about it and never gave it a second thought. It just goes to show what tricks the mind can play on us.

At the end of the day I think success boils down to one's ability to shoot down the devil on the shoulder that is filling us with bad advice.

That devil did convince me to drink a fair bit so I have some work to do to compensate for that but today there is nothing special at all happening so today will be a good day.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: