Thursday, December 15, 2011

...and so this is Christmas

It is the time of year when people get together with loved ones...sometimes it is the only time of the year when people get together with loved ones....and sometimes people really don't enjoy getting together with loved ones.

No matter what the scenario for you is I think it is important that we do get together with them if we can.

If we are close by it is important we get together with the people we love at some point during the holiday season, and if we are not close by it is important we find a way to make contact with them.

The reality is they will not be with us forever. It s uncertain who will go first, but it is certain that along the way we will lose loved ones.

I have a dear friend who will be living through the anniversary of the passing of her daughter today.

I blogged about this last year but I will blog about it again because more than anything else, my heart bleeds for anyone who has lost a child. I simply can't imagine it and my thoughts go out to her and anyone else who has lost someone or is feeling alone at this time of year.

All we can do is let the people we know, know that we care about them. It doesn't have to be in words. It can just be by making sure that in some very small way we make contact.

There are people on our lives that love us. It is important that we love them back.

I know...not a typical blog today...and full of my own self-riteous beliefs. I am sure there are many people going through other situations that I haven't even thought about, but I think the bottom line is this.

If you care about someone...let them know while you still can.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: