Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Symbols of Inner Determination

A friend sent me a message last night letting me know that he was happy that I started my blog again and that it was "almost a visual symbol of your inner determination this time".


I hadn't really thought about it but that is so very true. I knew the blog helped me stay focused but I hadn't really thought about it being the anchor for my inner determination.


It also made me think about Cindy (our Weight Watcher's leader). Each Christmas she gives us an "anchor". Something to visually see to remind us to stick to our goals. As silly as it may sound, anchors do help us stay focused.


This year Cindy gave everyone a "round tuit". It doesn't really matter what a round tuit looks like. The point is that we often say we will accomplish a task when we get a "round tuit". So now we all have one and there are no more excuses.


When I do the blog it is my anchor. It is indeed a symbol of inner determination and that symbol keeps me strong.


Inner determination on its own can get weak from time to time and an anchor will either stop us from getting weak or get us back on track if we do have a momentary period of weakness.


Do you have a visual symbol of inner determination? If not I encourage you to get one. I am finding  it REALLY helps.


Yesterday was a pretty perfect day. I splurged with one bite of a butter tart but other than that I was spot on :-)


Be healthy!


Alan

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am glad that you finally have a 'round tuit', I have had one for years and actually gave a presentation and handed them out to a group I was involved with a number of years ago. I did also manage to get a real 'round tuit' to hang on the wall and when ever I get that 'I will do it later' mentality, I go and take a look at it and remind myself there is no time like the present.
I too am glad that you are back blogging, it does give me something to start my day and reminds me that we all have little tricks that we can use to help us reach our goals (and that we are not alone in our quests), no matter what they may be.
Take care my friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen! It is really good to be back blogging. It is good to be "mostly" back on track again too.