Thursday, December 8, 2011

No...I did not cheat!

I weighed in yesterday. I was down 3.4 pounds. Yay!

I am real happy about that but I have been accused of cheating by my spouse. I did not cheat. I simply made a choice.

Normally I weigh in around 5pm. Yesterday I weighed in at 3pm because I was hungry and wanted to weigh in before I ate. That is NOT cheating!

I have been going to Weight Watchers for a long time and I have yet to meet someone who eats BEFORE they weigh in. In my mind it is much smarter to just weigh in so you can eat like a normal person rather than starve yourself for two more hours so that you weigh in at the right time. I ate a six inch subway sub after I weighed in. Had I waited it would have been a 12 inch sub.

So...I did not cheat. At least that is my rationale (I can rationalize anything) and I am sticking to it :-)

I wish I could end this blog by saying I remained perfect the rest of the evening though. We went to a farewell party later that night for a friend who is going to work on a cruise ship  and I had about 5 pints of beer and an order of Nachos.

It was an indulgence but a well deserved one I think (there I go rationalizing again).

Today will be a 100% healthy day.

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back! I kept checking although it get less and less frequent but finally you are here and I am thrilled to see it. I often start my morning at work by reading your blog and it always seemed to give me that extra push to have a good day. I weighed in this morning and was down .6 from two weeks ago so for this time of year, I am good with that. I have been coming to the WEdnesday meetings but hate weighing at night and there is an early Friday meeting that I can run in and get weighed on my way to work, so I am really liking that.
Good for you on leaving that second plate of food on the table. A man I know very well always says "I'm not hungry, I'd just be eating it for the taste" and when you stop and think about it that way, it makes it much easier to leave behind. Also because I know that taste isn't worth the extra time I'd have to spend exercising to get rid of it!
Have a great weeekend....see you Wednesday.
M. WW.

Unknown said...

You are one of the people who inspired me to start blogging again M. WW. Really appreciate it!

It might not be every day for the next three weeks but will do t as often as I can.

Happy holidays!