Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Should I care about weight?

I have to be honest with you...I am struggling.

Not so much with being motivated. I am still pretty motivated, but I have been struggling with the whole question of whether or not I care about what I weigh anymore.

I have been relatively stable for about a year now. I have still fluctuated by twenty pounds, but for me that actually is not that wide a swing. That is probably the "stability" swing I will have for the rest of my life.

It is also probably the most stable I have been, and for the longest period of time, in my "post teen" life.

I am eating well (most of the time), working out, and I'm happy.

I do still have a tummy though. The problem is that diet won't "spot reduce". Maybe exercise is a better focus for this than weight loss? Maybe it is still both.

I know I can't forget about weight...doing that is almost an assured ride back to fatville.

I also know I will go to WW the rest of my life. I need it to stay in check. Besides...I like it and I like the people there.

Whether I am up or down from week to week, however, is mattering less and less to me.

I am trying to build up muscle too so what does a weight gain mean? Is it good or bad? I honestly can't tell anymore.

I know what your thinking...I say this now...but in three weeks I will be blogging about how I need to "focus" to bring my weight down.

I guess that is why I am struggling.

Weight doesn't matter so much anymore but it clearly matters.

Does that make any sense at all? It's confusing the heck out of myself.

Be healthy!

Alan




No comments: