Monday, March 7, 2011

The Feeling That You Are Losing Control

Man I wish I could be the perfect person all the time so that I could sit here and type this blog and say "do what I am doing...it works!".

The truth is that it DOES work...not everyday...but in the long run...it works.

Sometimes the roller coaster takes a fast ride down hill and it is not a ride you want to be on. You DO NOT want to be where I am now.

I am, yet again, struggling...and gaining. I keep making up excuses as to why I will get back on track "tomorrow".

Today's excuse is that we are going out for dinner tonight. I know, I know...it is an excuse..not a reason...I am making excuses.

I will find the strength to overcome...and get back on track...but I hate it when I play this game with myself.

Be healthier than me,

Alan


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan, sorry to hear that you are struggling but your awareness is what will keep you from really falling off the wagon. Remember at Christmas, we were Musketeers, staying on the road, being strong and getting through the season??? Well, think back to that, remember how good the control felt. You'll be there again. I too have been struggling but not so much with falling down, more just keeping on track and actually doing what I need to do. I have gone to the meetings but not tracking or really feeling 'into' it. But I know that if I don't show up at those meetings I will start to gain. I am up a bit, but nothing that I can't (and will) deal with. I've given myself a mini-goal. I am planning a little getaway over Easter weekend and I am going to hit a milestone that I have gotten so close to, but just haven't been able to conquer.It is only five pounds away, but I am determined to make it by the meeting on April 20th. Between now and then I have my birthday as well as my sons' and my fathers'. Lots of cake between now and then but I have a goal and I intend to make it.
You have always been very goal oriented....maybe the P90x goal was too big....make a smaller one, maybe a week of P90 rather than the whole thing. It may snowball on you but be easier to look at in the smaller piece.
See you Wednesday!
M. WW.

Unknown said...

I have been meaning to respond to this sine I read it on the 7th. This post meant a lot to me. Positive feedback is so easy but constructive feedback like this is really what I need. Thank you so much for helping me see things realistically, You are inspiring me. I know you will reach your goal!!! :-)