Friday, March 25, 2011

If You Want It Badly Enough You Have To Do What You Have To Do

My spouse inspired me today.

He realized that the only way to ensure he got what he wanted was to do what he had to do.

His goal is very different than mine. He wanted the Ipad 2, and he didn't want it in a month...he wanted it today...today is launch day in Canada.

Given the shortages that have occurred in the United States and the fact that 40% of the chips for it are produced in Japan...and production has been halted...he was concerned that if supplies run out it might be a very long wait before the product is available again.

So he thought about it, made the decision on how to attain his goal, and did what he had to do.

How did he do it? He lined up for it 17 hours early and stayed outside for hours last night in the blistering cold. He was wearing gloves but said his fingers had totally frozen.

He doesn't have it yet...it goes on sale in another 4 1/2 hours, but he is 33rd in line to get it when the selling begins so I am sure he will attain his goal.

My thoughts on the matter are twofold.

On the one hand...I think he's nuts. I don't think I would stand out in the freezing cold for anything I could get EVENTUALLY, if I ordered it on line.

On the other hand...I admire him. He saw his goal, what he had to do to achieve it, and he went for it.

Bottom line: He did what he had to do to reach his goal.

I need to stay focused on my goal. I am not going to reach it by playing mind games with myself when the only person I am fooling is me.

It is time...yes...again...to focus and decide how badly I want. it.

I want it....and I am going to get it.

Jamie will get the Ipad2 today...and I WILL get thin. Not today...that is impossible...but I WILL get thin.

Be Healthy!

Alan

No comments: