Sunday, March 27, 2011

Going Through The Motions

Do you ever do things but your heart isn't in it.

I have been doing that for a while.

The thing is...I have done it a million times before...I don't like it but I know enough to know that things will turn around as long as you just hang in there.

I am still exercising. It isn't exciting me right now but I won't stop.

I am eating ok, but am the victim of temptation too often. The will power isn't strong enough and I cave.

The old stand-by expressions like "am I worth it?" are just rolling off my shoulders. It is like they have no meaning.

So what do I do? How do I get re-motivated.

Sadly, after all these years I still don't know the answer to that. I know that, like always, something has to change. But what is the change that will turn things around this time? I still don't know.

What I do know though is that giving up us not an option. As long as I keep trying I WILL succeed. I am not sure where, when, or what, will turn me around, but I am sure something will.

It is just as matter of time...and I will NOT give up trying.

There is comfort in that knowledge.


Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: