Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's hard to focus

Watching the events unfold in Japan makes it hard to make anything else seem important.

Although I do not believe I know anyone in direct danger, it is affecting humans and the environment and that makes it feel personal.

Watching what I put in my mouth seems so irrelevant in comparison to mass destruction, death, and the prospect of a nuclear meltdown.

I know better though. This was the frame of mind I had when my parents passed away (they passed away 9 months apart).

Before their passing I had lost 54 pounds.

After there passing, food seemed irrelevant...so I paid no attention...and I gained the 54 pounds back plus more.

I won't allow that to happen again.

The situation in Japan is upsetting. I can hardly watch it but have trouble going too long with an update status. I woke up several times in the night dreaming of various forms of people dying. It is clearly on my mind. My prayers go out to everyone.

It is so easy to make it an excuse though. I won't permit that to happen. I will not eat my way through this horrible tragedy.

My thoughts are with the people of Japan, but they are also with everyone in the world today. This is a small world and we are all connected.

Be healthy,

Alan


No comments: