Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When Company Comes For Pasta

Hey everyone!

Yesterday was an overall good day (no cupcakes!). I did have some more wine though. Hang on...need my coffee before I type anymore (yet another vice but what do you expect...it's 5:20 in the morning! :-))....god that's good. I'm back.

My big question for the day is what Pasta is the correct Pasta to serve guests: White or Whole Wheat? Something else?

We eat Whole Wheat if we are on our own but let's be honest...white just tastes better!

We had our awesome neighbours Josh and Alix (and their baby Delaney) over for Pasta last night along with a our twenty-something year-old friend Kimme who moved here from England. We affectionately call her "our daughter".

We went for the "taste" and served white Pasta but most of us are trying to be healthy so I think we made the wrong call. Problem is if you serve white everyone thinks (That was good but I shouldn't have eaten it) but if you serve whole wheat everyone thinks (that was healthy but the whole grain Pasta was kinda ...well...blah). We are used to whole wheat now but does anyone out there actually like it?

Anyway, our "daughter" Kimme announced at the table that she would be moving back to England June 8th. Breaks my heart. Apparently my hubby Jamie has known for a few weeks but she wanted to tell me in person and this was the first chance. Who knew Jamie could keep a secret that good! I know he can keep secrets from other people but thought he would tell me! :-)

I am proud of him for keep in his promise to Kimme though.

We love you Kimme and will miss you very much (tearing up now).

That's it for now! Time to start getting some work done now that the coffee is kicking in.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: