Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today's The Big Day - Weigh In Day!

Good Morning!

Well this is it. The day I have to face my sins. At 6pm tonight I will have to get on a scale and face the music.

I am a lifetime member at Weight Watchers so technically I only have to weigh in once a month but that has probably been my downfall. If I don't face the music I can pretend life is just a bowl of Cherries when it is really just a plate of Cheeseburgers.

So along with my renewed vigour for health and weight loss comes my renewed commitment to get on that damn scale and officially weigh in once a week.

I have been good the last few days but it is nowhere near enough to undo the damage I have done. I am guessing I am up 10 pounds from my last weigh in which would put me about 30 pounds above goal. How did it happen?!!! I still think 10 pounds is muscle from all my weight lifting...but still...20 pounds! Yikes!

Speaking of Weight Lifting I worked out with my Nutritionist/Trainer friend Anthony yesterday. He suggested that we do light weights for a change. My first thought was THANK GOD!!!

What I didn't realize was that he meant light weight and high reps. He almost killed me! At the end I was bitching about lifting light weights. He told me he was going to go to my blog and tell the world I couldn't even lift 15 pounds! LOL. Tough on you Anthony....I just beat you to it :-)

Yesterday was a very healthy day. Good organic food including lots of fruits.

Today is a day I usually starve myself because I am getting on a scale but this is supposed to be about "health" more than "weight" so I am going to resist the urge to "starve for results" and eat. Eventually I would like to do a one day fast once a week and it would make sense to do that on Wednesdays so my weight is less altered by my last meal, but I am not psychologically ready to start that part of the process again.

Wish me luck and....be healthy!


Alan

No comments: