Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sometimes There Is No Pleasure in Being Right!

Well....I did it. I faced the weight scale.

I said yesterday that I thought I was about 30 pounds over goal weight. Well, now it is official. I am actually 29.6 pounds above goal. Just can't get much closer than that!

Just in case you are wondering. The "goal weight" is based on Weight Watcher's Weight ranges which are based on height, and Weight Watchers basis their weight ranges on the government's National Health Guidelines. So the government says I'm fat! LOL

To be honest I am not THAT stressed. This time around the weight has come back on in a much more "proportional" manner than it has in the past so I am not as embarrassed to walk out the door in the morning, don't feel a need to put a pillow in front of my stomach when sitting on the couch when company is over (as if it would hides something), and most importantly, I am unable to rest a plate of food on my stomach to eat off of. That used to make eating so much easier :-)

Don't get me wrong though...I still do have a tummy and it is going to go!

My biggest self analysis question for the day is "Why do I consider Wednesday nights FREE nights?". I have this thought in my head that because I weigh in on Wednesdays at 6:00pm I can eat what I want that night. After all...I don't have to get on a scale again for a whole week right?

I attend Weight Watchers in Burlington which is about an hour drive away because the leader there, Cindy Sinclair (love you Cindy!), is amazing, as is the group. My brother Mike and his partner Ann live in Burlington so I went to visit them after the meeting. They had a nice spread of food out on the table with healthy and non-healthy options. There was a beautiful and fresh fruit salad, yogurt, and then cookies, Samosas, Coffeecake etc.

Guess which options I chose? Oh well...I did eat some of the fruit salad because I thought I should (and it was delicious) but I positively gorged on the Cookies, Samosa's and Coffee Cake! I would say that makes me an idiot but that is not what makes me an idiot...that is just the icing on the "cake" so to speak.

What make me an idiot is that I actually PLANNED to be unhealthy. I knew cake would be there (they told me ahead of time) and I didn't even try to come up with a strategy. I fully committed to eating it because it was Wednesday. I could have had the healthy options but no...I planned for cake!

What makes me a double idiot is that instead of thinking about my commitment to the "blog" and how I should be eating healthy, I actually started planning in my head what I would say in the blog about the fact that I HAD eaten it.

It is true that it is a week until the next "weigh-in", and it is also true it probably will not be reflected on the scale by then. It is also true I deserve treats now and then and fully intend to have them, but I purposely threw health out the window when healthy options were set in front of me.

So what is the point of all this blabber. It is live and learn!

The "Wednesday Night Self-Challenge" is now on! I will be writing about how good I was AFTER the meeting when I write next Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: