Saturday, April 24, 2010

IT'S THE WEEKEND!

Good Morning All!

For someone trying to lose weight, "It's The Weekend!" is  potentially the most dangerous thought one can have. The weekend means a free license to do anything right? 

Isn't it amazing how we tell ourselves this? I am a Real Estate Broker so I work pretty much every weekend but somehow I still spent most of my life thinking weekends were "free"? If I add that to my free Wednesday nights (See blog written Thursday morning) I am in big trouble!

They mentioned in Weight Watchers last week that if you consider weekends "free" then you are not paying attention at least 104 days a year. That is three months or 1/4 of the year! 

That is one heck of a lot of free time!

To me that isn't the main issue. The main issue is health. What kind of crap am I throwing in my body on those free days? If it isn't a natural product does my body even know how to process it? Nutrition courses are teaching that the answer is pretty much a resounding "no". 

I try to buy Organic now but then go out and eat crap. That means I get the pesticides, trans fats etc. anyway so what is the point? 

I think the point is we ALL have to stop eating the crap!  Treats are totally OK but they should be Treats!  

I think this is the closest I will ever come to preaching...promise. My goal is not to tell people what to do. My goal is entirely self-centred at the moment. It is to keep me healthy and on track.

Having said that so many people have contacted me through facebook or email to say that this blog is inspiring them to do something about their own health/weight issues. That is sooooo coool but also gets me thinking that if this really does inspire someone other than me maybe there is a way to support each other using this blog. 

To be honest this is the first blog I have ever done but I think if people join as "followers" then they can enter their own comments in the page and keep me up-to-date on how they are doing and what works and doesn't. It's still a totally selfish initiative as it will keep me motivated and the world does revolve around me right? Just kidding :-)

Funny how I am able to just "blab" on this blog. Didn't know what I was going to write when I sat down five minutes ago and now I am writing a frickin novel! LOL

I went to the hypnotist yesterday. It was a good session but to be honest I am not sure if I was hypnotized or asleep. Apparently every time I see the colour "red" now I will think about being healthy. At least that is what my sub-concience has been told. I had no idea how much red there is in the world until you actually start noticing it. I must be thinking about being healthy every ten seconds or so now!

I am, in fact, being pretty healthy though, so whatever it is that is keeping me on track I hope it keeps on doing it!

Yesterday was great from a food perspective. After dinner I was still hungry and came real close to making more food...then I thought....OK Alan...if you are going to put calories in your body do you want food or do you want wine...you can't have both. Three glasses of wine later I was feeling pretty good:-)

Have a great weekend everyone and....

be healthy!


Alan

No comments: