Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Good Start...kinda/maybe

Ok. I think anybody reading this who has not been through the trials and tribulations of weight loss will think that yesterday was a horrible day for me, but I actually think that I did well because for the most part I was mentally aware of what was going in my mouth. I didn't make perfect choices and I did indulge but I made better choices than I would have otherwise.

Breakfast was poached eggs on 1 slice of 7 grain bread with pepper to add spice. I was out in my car doing the Real Estate Job in the day and I got really hungry but I purposely avoided sandwiches etc. as I wanted to avoid the bread intake. I did have Chili at Tim Hortons. I know it's still processed foods but I said "no" to the roll and only had the Chili. Two manderin oranges for a mid-afternoon snack and then came the troublesome dinner.

Went to our friend Quade's for dinner and had delicious Vegetarian Lasagna (lots of cheese so not low fat but delicious) with Salad I had two helpings and then we had birthday chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing for dessert. It was a belated birthday celebration for my partner. I know I should only have one but I had two. Also had about a bottle and a half of wine. I felt good :-))))

Disaster you say? Hardly! If you only knew what I was capable of. I think overall I did well and I am really motivated today. I am working out with my friend who's is a nutritionist and personal trainer today. He would have a heart attack if he knew I ate the cupcaked LOL (So I won't tell him) but he helps to keep me in check. I'm telling you if you live in the Toronto area and ever find yourself in need of a personal trainer and/or nutritionist call Anthony DiPasquale. He teaches nutrition at George Brown College here and I think he is the best in the business. His website is http://anthonydipasquale.com/ and I think he even works long distance with people. Contact him! You won't regret it. Just tell him Alan sent you :-)

I will continue to keep repeating my mantra to myself: "I Make Healthy Choices". Repeating this many times a day really seems to help!

Looking forward to a great day!

Be Heathy!

Alan

No comments: